I didn't even intend for this to be a project for this blog,; I started it as an exercise meant to stretch my artistic capabilities. I find myself doing that a lot these days; I can't help but try to improve. It's my nature, I suppose. Either way, this simple picture took quite a while (I think about six-eight hours over the last few days, but it could have been more), but I'm reasonably happy with it. I decided to go with a similar aesthetic to what I used with the Robin cover (found HERE) just for continuity's sake. Also, it masks some of my artistic shortcomings...so there's that. However, the key difference with this one (as opposed to the Robin comic book cover) is that I painted the vast majority of this one. I did use a model for reference, but I forced myself to paint it rather than simply play with various filters. And I think the result is better for it. But as always, you be the judge!
As an aside, I recently looked back at the posts' ratings (the little check boxes at the bottom of each post), and I noticed that it's quite rare that a post doesn't get at lest one "horrible" rating. To those of you who rate a post as such, please let me know what I can do differently (either in the comments or via email). I know I can't please everyone with every post, but I surely can try!