Friday, January 25, 2013

Transformation Caption - Exactly Where I'm Supposed to Be

When I saw this picture, I was struck by its simple beauty.  It's not very often that you see tenderness in these sorts of pictures, so when it's there, it really, really sticks out (in a good way).  I did some lighting and color adjustments that I think adds to the soft, sensual feel, and I really think the result is simple, beautiful, and erotic. 

This is the kind of story I always set out to write, but usually, I get caught up in the details surrounding the transformation.  Typically, it's a good thing to weave a more complex tale, but sometimes, it goes past what people really want out of this sort of thing.  It is, first and foremost, erotica.  Writing three-dimensional characters in a complex world comes second.  I'm fully aware of that, but at times, I just can't help myself.

I'm reminded of a post by a fellow captioner (Rauk at Rauk 22 Captions) who lamented his inability to write "mindless" captions.  To put it mildly, I feel his pain.  Like him, I've wrestled with that exact conundrum on multiple occasions.  So I guess I'm not the only captioner who struggles with it (which is really comforting, for some reason).  Either way, check out his work - it's quite good.

So to put an end to my rambling, here is today's caption: 


  1. Nikki,

    Artistically, this is beautiful. And the sweet sentiment I can relate to. Lovely. Thank you



  2. Nikki, I just stumbled over one line of your great caption: nothing seems to be black and white anymore. Well, imo, there never is anything so clearly black and white, although many people would love to have it like that. But black and white is just an illusion. And if someone just realizes that fact, finding love thereby, it is just perfect - as your caption is, btw... ;-)