Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Case of the Disappearing Donation Button

Some of you may have noticed that the "Donation" button has disappeared.  I wasn't aware of it, but apparently Paypal has restrictions on Adult sites.  Long story short, they requested that I remove the button, and suspended my Paypal account, which I have.  I'm not sure where that leaves me in regards to monetizing the blog, because doing so hinged primarily on my being able to accept donations or payments from people.  Either way, that's where the donation button went.

So back to the drawing board, I suppose.

11 comments:

  1. Sell a word document on another site (none adult) and just link to that, with a donation button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still contemplating how I'd like to get over this hurdle. There are a lot of options out there, so I'll probably need a few days to figure it out. That said, this option feels a little like trying to game the system, and I don't want to have issues with Paypal in the future.

      Delete
  2. Patreon supports adult material. And there's always bitcoin (try coinbase.com).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know much about bitcoins other than that I read an article a few weeks ago saying that their value dropped quite a bit. How do they work?

      Delete
    2. I recommend you take a look at Patreon first. You can get people to sponsor you per cap. You can use bitcoin as well, I recommend going to coinbase and opening up a wallet. You shouldn't really care about the value of bitcoin, as soon as any donations come it, convert them to local currency.

      Delete
  3. Check out Amazon Payments. You may be able to use that. I know of another adult site that does. You should check what the policy is on this site if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete