Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Transformation Caption - Star Trek

I'm not really a Star Trek fan; certainly, I'm aware of it in broad terms.  I know the characters.  I've seen a couple of the films.  But I'm not terribly familiar with its universe.  That said, I immediately thought of it when I finished this photo's modification.  I'm not sure why, but the idea intrigued me.  I went through a few false starts before the story came together, but I think it works (despite my ignorance).  Hope you all like it.


4 comments:

  1. As a serious fan of Star Trek who knows the universe well, I am impressed. You never cease to amaze. Keep up the wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm always hesitant to write captions set in someone else's world, in case my voice doesn't match up with what fans might expect. Glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if beaming female crew members down to the surface of Rgendera Prime will keep things on an even keel? It would be interesting for Lt. Yar & R.N. Chapel to have masculine physiques while keeping their female genitalia! And seeing Data become an Androgynoid would really be something!!!

    Peace,Love&Kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True gender role reversal is a fun concept for me. In fact, I'm about halfway through with a novel which focuses on a couple who is abducted and forced through such a transition under the pretense of a scientific experiment (by, of course, a pair of mad scientists). I actually did a fair amount of research to try to make the medical procedures as realistic as possible. And so far, I'm happy with it. I just need to find the time to finish it (amidst my half dozen other in-progress projects).

      Delete