Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A Few Changes

Starting tomorrow (5/27/2015) through Thursday (5/28/2015), I'm running a free book promotion on Amazon.  This is the first time I've done this, so I'm not a hundred percent sure how it works.  I'll keep you guys updated as I learn more.

I've decided to discontinue the Smashwords listings so that I can take advantage of KDP select status on Amazon.  What this means is that, if you sign up for Kindle Unlimited, you can download and read the books for free.  Of course, this service costs 9.99 a month, but I've found that it's a pretty good deal.  I'm an habitual reader, so it's more cost effective for me than simply buying the books outright. 

Making my books eligible for this service requires Amazon exclusivity, so that necessitated their removal from Smashwords.  It was a pretty easy decision, too.  I've barely sold any books via that route, so no huge loss for me (or my readers, judging by the lack of interest in those particular listings).

Hopefully, these changes will take effect sooner rather than later (though I expect at least a twelve hour lag between enrollment in the program and availability to the public). 

I'm not sure if this will be permanent; it really depends on how it effects the revenue stream.  Anyway, I'll make sure to keep you all updated on any developments in respect to the availability of the books.  And as always, thanks for reading.  I hope you continue to enjoy the blog!

Click the thumbnails to be redirected to the listings mentioned above:


http://www.amazon.com/Experiment-Tale-Gender-Role-Reversal-ebook/dp/B00XGSJAHW/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

http://www.amazon.com/Experiment-Tale-Gender-Role-Reversal-ebook/dp/B00XGSJAHW/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

I hope that those of you who reviewed the book on Smashwords will do the same on Amazon (during the free promotion).  That's part of the reason I'm doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment