Monday, February 13, 2017

A Minor Change

I was asked to day if I could make dual-column reactions to the posts dealing with the art and writing separately.  I'm sad to say that I couldn't figure out how to do that.  However, I think I came up with something that might work to help me get to the bottom of what people like/dislike about my captions.

Basically, I changed the reactions boxes to the following:

Great Art
Okay Art
Bad Art
Great Writing
Okay Writing
Bad Writing

I think it's pretty obvious how they're intended to be used.  Mark whichever one you think fits the caption most appropriately.  I wish I could do two marks per user, but I'm can't figure out how to do it.  I hope this makes the rating system a bit more informative.

5 comments:

  1. I hope it helps.
    I am looking for new ways to get more feedback on my own writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all crave criticism, but few of us are really prepared to confront its harshness. I know I have a tendency to get defensive when someone criticizes my work, even though I know it's not personal. In most cases, the criticism is completely justified, and I'm insecure enough that I take it wrong. I hope this can give me a little more insight into what people like or dislike, though, because I do want to improve.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like/dislike is less about the art/writing, more about personal tastes in various fetishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, which is why I've implemented the new system. It should go a long way toward providing a bit more direction in terms of where I can improve.

      Delete