Monday, February 6, 2017

Twenty-five Million!

Today's kind of a special day for this blog, because, after a little over five years, it's passed twenty-five million page views.  Even though page views can be a misleading (it's not nearly as informative a statistic as unique visitors), it's still a staggering number, and I never expected this blog to average almost five million views a year.  It's humbling to think that people like my work enough to make this site as popular as it's become, and I can't thank you all enough for giving purpose to my hobby.  So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you all.  You make the amount of time and work I put into these creations worth it.  

Even crazier than that number (to me, at least) is the fact that, between all of my sites (Imagefap, Tumblr, and this blog), I've massed over twelve thousand followers.  I'm sure there's some overlap there, but it's still kind of cool to know that so many people enjoy my work.  

Anyway, I'm a little uncomfortable talking about my (or my work's) success.  It always feels like bragging.  So, I'll just end it with a simple statement:  

Thank you all for making this venture successful.


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Here's to 25 million more! I always check in every few days to read new captions/stories. I rarely comment because BlogSpot and my browser don't seem to get along and I have to open up a different browser just to be able to comment on a BlogSpot post. I always feel guilty about that because I feel like I'm not letting you know that I'm reading and appreciating your great work. So this seemed like a good occasion to fire up the old Internet Explorer (only browser I can comment on BlogSpot with, for reasons unknown) and let you know how much I enjoy your work! Keep it up and congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've actually been sulking a little the last few days (sulking might be an overstatement, but it gets the point across) because my last caption story didn't get very many comments. I know that not everyone actually comments when they read (or like) something, but I can't help but use that as a gauge for how well-received something is. So, it's always good to be reminded that people like you are out there, enjoying the content, but unable to comment. Thank you for the kind words.

      Delete
  2. whats your tumblr? do you post captions there too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just http://feminizationstation.tumblr.com/. I don't post anything there that isn't posted here. I simply started it when Google decided to briefly outlaw mature content on Blogspot. And when they rescinded that decision, I decided to keep the Tumblr going as a backup. It's actually helped me reach quite a bit bigger audience than I used to, so I'm happy with it.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations and thank you for always being here. You are without a doubt the most consistent and hard working captioner and it is very much appreciated. I know that the comics must add so much more to your work load but they have all been wonderful stories on their own and have filled a hole caused by the loss of Rebecca's World.

    Thank you again for going out of your way to provided an outlet and entertainment for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sad to see Rebecca's World close a couple of years ago, especially given the reason. People sometimes suck. That site's multi-caption stories were the inspiration for making my own. Before I read those, I'd never really considered it as an idea. So, I kind of think of each one of them as an homage to an innovator in this genre, and even though they do take an incredible amount of time and effort (you have NO idea how much time I spend just looking for the proper photos, I love doing them. I'm just glad they've found an audience. Thanks for being a fan, and I hope to keep this going for as long as ya'll want me to.

      Delete